Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Welcome

Welcome to my blog.


This blog was created for one of my papers in my second year of my Occupational Therapy Degree.  In this paper we are looking at the meaningful occupations are technology and exploring the use of technology in therapy sessions.


A Good definition of Occupational Therapy come from the World Federation of Occupational Therapy:

Occupational therapy is a client-centred health profession concerned with promoting health and well being through occupation. The primary goal of occupational therapy is to enable people to participate in the activities of everyday life. Occupational therapists achieve this outcome by working with people and communities to enhance their ability to engage in the occupations they want to, need to, or are expected to do, or by modifying the occupation or the environment to better support their occupational engagement.


I hope you enjoy my blog and learn about occupational therapy
Erin Hancock
2nd year Occupational Therapy student


References:
(n.d.). Retrieved Febuary 22, 2011, from World Federation of Occupational Therapists: http://www.wfot.org/information.asp

No comments:

Post a Comment